1 min read

How do we calculate payment for long service leave upon employment termination in Victoria?

Q: We have an employee who has resigned and we are required to pay out her long service leave entitlement upon employment termination. For the last 2 years, the employee worked full-time, but before this she was a part-time employee. Do we pay her for the averaged hours over her employment or at the full-time rate? Our business is in Victoria.

The Workplace Bulletin

Get the latest employment law news, legal updates, case law and practical advice from our experts sent straight to your inbox every week.

Sending confirmation email...
Great! Now check your inbox and click the link to confirm your subscription.
Please enter a valid email address!