Last updated May 2022
This chapter outlines situations in which employment may be interrupted and explains what you should do in these situations.
When might employment be interrupted?
An employee’s employment with you may be interrupted, either temporarily or permanently, by:
- frustration of the employment contract, including due to:
employee death; and
- employee imprisonment;
- the employee abandoning their employment;
- the employee being unable to work due to illness or injury;
- the employee losing a qualification necessary to perform their work; or
- business ceasing due to disaster, eviction or loss of licence.